Terminalfour is seeking a Sales Manager to lead and manage our international new revenue growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the sales team's delivery of revenue growth within our Terminalfour product and solution portfolio, across a number of locations, but primarily the US, Canada, UK & Ireland.
Our goal is to expand and develop our high performing sales team (currently 9 people) to deliver on Terminalfour's strategic growth initiatives, operating from a uniform and consistent sales playbook.
Responsible for driving the sales playbook, and managing and coaching our sales talent, this role will help drive and deliver scalable revenue growth, and operational effectiveness, across our global sales activities.
With overall responsibility for new sales revenue, the role will consist of, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Terminalfour Sales Playbook & Strategy Implementation
Terminalfour’s sales strategy is based on having a single “best way” to sell Terminalfour software and services to the key players in leading Universities and Colleges globally. Working with and under the guidance of the CEO you must be able to continually build and refine the sales playbook.
- Work closely with our CEO to upgrade and develop direct and indirect sales strategies, tactics and best practice sales processes, and capture them as part of the Terminalfour Sales Playbook. The playbook will drive all operational processes, performance management and personal development across the sales team, enabling it to operate as a cohesive, productive and efficient team.
- Ensure that all sales team members are selling according to the Terminalfour Sales Playbook - one best way to sell, on message, on strategy
- Participate in the on-going development of Terminalfour’s company-wide sales strategy, implementation, business and operational planning.
- Evaluate existing sales processes and, where necessary, introduce new / revised business to business sales techniques and sales management best practices and tools that will support the sales team, enhance sales performance and drive strategic priorities
Sales Team Management and Development
It is key that all Terminalfour Sales Team members sell according to our sales playbook and high- performing sales practices. This is a player/coach role, focused on supporting each sales team member through consistent interaction, inspiration and guidance, with an emphasis on sales coaching, training and practising that allows the team to flourish.
- Attract, hire, retain, and develop talent
- Have high aspirations for the team, helping them to reach ambitious but achievable targets
- Manage and measure the team’s performance against targets and help to identify and remove barriers to success
- Proactively coach, support and build a winning team culture and performance.
- Review sales activities (calls, emails, RFPs/proposals, meetings, demonstrations etc.) to ensure they are the best they can be and are of the highest quality, “on strategy” and “on playbook”.
- Be relentless in making sure we hire the best talent for the team
- Help coach and mentor individual sales team members to achieve their highest potential
Sales Process Management
The Sales Manager must take ownership of the sales process: its implementation, reporting and analysis of all aspects of sales operations including pipeline, performance metrics, trends, forecasting and opportunities across all regions.
- On behalf of the CEO, proactively manage the day-to-day activities of the Terminalfour sales team
- Provide accurate and detailed pipeline forecasting and reporting on sales and revenue performance – enabling data-driven decisions and actionable deliverables
- Develop and own KPI’s, supervise the activity of the team, track the results and drive team execution based on those metrics.
- Continually implement sales process best practice, improving on existing processes when required
- Working with the RFP/Proposal sub-team, to ensure that all materials provided to potential clients are engaging and of very high quality
- Facilitate successful inter-working between the sales team and other company functions
Requirements for the Role:
- Significant international sales experience, including sales management experience, with demonstrable achievements to date
- Experience selling solutions to Higher Education institutions is a distinct advantage
- Strong sales training and coaching experience and skills
- Influential leadership ability with experience across a globally dispersed sales team
- Highly supportive and motivational team management style
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound commercial judgement and excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Personally motivated and driven by high performance, action and successful outcomes
- Highly developed and effective project management skills
- High personal energy with a positive outlook
- Intolerant of poor performance or underachievement
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft Word, Excel, CRM
- (Sugar), report building, email and Internet skills
- The current team is based across the US, Europe and Australia so flexibility in working hours will be required.
What this role is not:
In a nutshell - we are not looking to hire an individual-quota-carrying sales person. We want a team player who will improve and drive overall sales team and individual performance.
This role does not cover our BetterExaminations product line; you will have responsibility for the Terminalfour solution set.
Terminalfour is one of the fastest growing digital engagement and web content management system providers in the world, with a sales presence in Europe, the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Operating principally in the Higher Education sector, we enable over 220 Universities & Colleges to drive student recruitment, retention, alumni fundraising & research promotion by maximizing the effectiveness of their digital & content strategies.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Terminalfour is an equal opportunities employer
We do not require Recruitment Agency assistance with this role, thank you.