Junior Bid and Tender Writer - Remote
Junior Bid & Tender Writer - Remote
Ready to become a company and industry expert? Join a growing company that works almost exclusively with higher education as our Bid and Tender Writer.
Our Bid and Tender Writers play a crucial role in creating business-winning tenders under client-driven time constraints. Your role will be to write persuasive messages as responses to tenders. You’ll have a strong hand in driving revenue for the entire company and getting a 360-degree view of our products and services for higher education.
You’ll manage relationships with a number of different stakeholders in many areas of the business and be part of a dynamic and friendly team environment within the Sales group. We’ll support your development through sharing of best practice writing and project management techniques.
Each bid is a ‘mini-project’ that offers opportunities to continuously improve your project management skills and hone your writing and communication skills. From developing a proposal content strategy to final quality check, you’ll be able to review and build on previous tenders to have the best chance of success.
We will provide internal training on how to write bids and tenders, set you up with a buddy when you first join and support you fully in getting up to speed in your new role.
If you’re obsessive about details, are highly organised, looking for autonomy, and enjoy writing strategic content for bids, we want to hear from you.
Where You’ll Work
This role will be remote, and you can be based in any of the following countries, assuming you are a tax resident and legally eligible to work in that country:
We’ll send you a laptop, monitors, and other equipment to get you set up remotely, or you can avail of our Bring Your Own Device Policy and work from your own preferred equipment.
Everyone at Terminalfour is currently working remotely, and any return to offices will be voluntary and offer hybrid working options.
What You’ll Do
- Review bid opportunities and follow-up on tender leads.
- Take ownership of a tender from start to finish, ensuring it is fully and accurately completed and submitted on time.
- Build the majority of the document from existing generic content and project-manage completion and editing by product experts and sales staff.
- Write and edit new content which can be included in future tender documents.
- Proofread and quality assure the final document before submission.
- Assist in maintaining the Tender Library and its content, and improving processes.
- Participate in post-tender feedback analysis and meetings.
- Record tender / bid information in our Tracking System.
- Coordinate all communications between the Terminalfour team and the organisation running the RFP/Tender (via email /tender portal, etc.).
What You’ll Bring
- Excellent proofreading skills with an eye for detail.
- Highly organised, efficient project management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines/prioritise work under pressure.
- Proven ability to act on own initiative.
- A high level of written and spoken communication skills in the English language, with extensive vocabulary.
- Computer-literate to a high level in office productivity software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively across departments and interact with clients.
- A third-level degree in a relevant area.
- Previous experience in writing tender documents OR in technical or marketing writing would be a distinct advantage.
Who We Are
Terminalfour is a digital engagement and web content management platform for higher education. We help universities and colleges drive student recruitment, retention, alumni fundraising, and research promotion by maximising the effectiveness of their digital and content strategies.
We're the No. 1 provider to the higher education sector in the UK and Ireland and we're quickly becoming the No. 1 provider in North America.
We’re focused on employee wellbeing and provide an Employee Assistance Programme to all staff in all locations. This service provides a range of health and wellbeing supports, as well as short-term counselling, and is available to both employees and their families. In addition, we have a Wellbeing Platform to promote health, wellbeing, and generally taking care of ourselves at home and at work
We look forward to hearing from you.
Terminalfour is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not need recruitment agency assistance with this role, thank you.