Bid and Tender Writer
Ready to become a company and industry expert? Join a growing company that works almost exclusively with higher education as our Bid and Tender Writer.
Our Bid and Tender Writers play a crucial role in creating business-winning tenders under client-driven time constraints. Your role will be to write persuasive messages as responses to tenders. You’ll have a strong hand in driving revenue for the entire company and getting a 360-degree view of our products and services for higher education.
You’ll manage relationships with a number of different stakeholders in many areas of the business and be part of a dynamic and friendly team environment within the Sales group. We’ll support your development through sharing of best practice writing and project management techniques.
Each bid is a ‘mini-project’ that offers opportunities to continuously improve your project management skills and hone your writing and communication skills. From developing a proposal content strategy to final quality check, you’ll be able to review and build on previous tenders to have the best chance of success.
If you’re obsessive about details, are highly organised, and enjoy writing strategic content for bids, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Review bid opportunities and follow-up on tender leads.
- Take ownership of a tender from start to finish, ensuring it is fully and accurately completed and submitted on time.
- Build the majority of the document from existing generic content and project-manage completion and editing by product experts and sales staff.
- Write and edit new content which can be included in future tender documents.
- Proofread and quality assure the final document before submission.
- Assist in maintaining the Tender Library and its content, and improving processes.
- Participate in post-tender feedback analysis and meetings.
- Record tender / bid information in our Tracking System.
- Coordinate all communications between the Terminalfour team and the organisation running the RFP/Tender (via email /tender portal, etc.).
What You’ll Bring
- Excellent proofreading skills with an eye for detail.
- Highly organised, efficient project management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines/prioritise work under pressure.
- Proven ability to act on own initiative.
- A high level of written and spoken communication skills in the English language, with extensive vocabulary.
- Computer-literate to a high level in office productivity software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively across departments and interact with clients.
- A third-level degree in a relevant area.
- Full authorisation to work in the E.U. or U.K.
- Previous experience in writing tender documents OR in technical or marketing writing would be a distinct advantage.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Terminalfour is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not need recruitment agency assistance with this role, thank you.