Cloud Operations Engineer
Be a core part of Terminalfour's and BetterExamination's Client Support team, supporting our higher education clients around the World on our digital marketing and exam management platforms.
You will be involved in the co-ordination and management of Terminalfour’s client-facing activities in the cloud, allowing for the successful delivery of cloud-based infrastructure for new and existing clients. You will ensure that the cloud infrastructure is maintained to a high level as well as researching and developing future cloud solutions used by our clients worldwide.
The role is key in planning new deployments with sales and account management teams, as well as being a vital point of contact for other teams across the company on cloud-related issues.
What you will do
- Deploy and document cloud-based infrastructures and solutions with Amazon Web Services.
- Maintain the integrity of client systems in the cloud.
- Develop monitors and health checks for assets in the cloud.
- Produce post-incident reports for relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure security on cloud-based assets is maintained to a high standard by applying patches and monitoring vulnerability reports.
- Escalate any risks to systems quality, project budget or schedule to client support manager.
- Co-ordinate meetings and conference calls with our clients when cloud operations impact them.
- Keep up-to-date with new cloud technologies and solutions.
- Communicate new innovations to colleagues on the team and throughout the company.
What You Will Need
- A proven track record of working with Amazon Web Services, primarily VPC, EC2, RDS, CloudFront, S3, and EFS. (Experience with other AWS technologies such as CloudFormation, Lambda, Athena, CloudWatch,WAF and API Gateway is advantageous).
- Proficiency in administering Linux and Windows systems is critical.
- You should be working towards certification to an AWS Cloud Associate Architect or certificate of the same level, with an expectation of achieving this within a reasonable timeframe.
- Experience of writing code in Python and Bash is highly desirable. (SQL, YAML, JSON and NodeJS experience is a major benefit).
- A working knowledge of monolithic, SOA, and microservice architectures.
- Knowledge and experience in operating the Tomcat application server and Apache and IIS webservers and serverless applications.
- Knowledge of and experience in provisioning systems with orchestration software, such as Ansible is desirable.
- A strong interest in developing innovative automation solutions is a benefit.
- Experience in running and maintaining enterprise-scale software in the cloud, including monitoring with use of tools such as Datadog or Nagios.
- Good client facing experience, managing third parties and vendors.
- A working knowledge of IT security and distributed systems in general.
- Knowledge of and interest in web related technologies with HTML/PHP/JS skills and CMS experience a distinct benefit.
- Self-starter and a “Can Do” attitude.
- Fluent English language skills, spoken and written.
- Full eligibility to work in the EU or U.K.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Terminalfour is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We do not require Recruitment Agency assistance with this role, thank you.