Web Developer - PHP - Remote
Web Developer – PHP - Remote
Terminalfour is a digital engagement and web content management platform for higher education. We help universities and colleges drive student recruitment, retention, alumni fundraising, and research promotion by maximising the effectiveness of their digital and content strategies.
We're the No. 1 provider to the higher education sector in the UK and Ireland and we're quickly becoming the No. 1 provider in North America
This role will be remote, and you can be based in any of the following countries, assuming you are a tax resident and legally eligible to work in that country:
We will send you a laptop, monitors etc, whatever you need to get set up remotely, or you can avail of our Bring Your Own Device Policy and work from your own preferred equipment.
Everyone at Terminalfour is currently working remotely, and any return to offices will be voluntary and offer hybrid working options.
We believe in continuous learning, and if you want to enhance your AWS skills, the company will cover the cost of your training and AWS Certification.
We are focused on our employee wellbeing, and provide an Employee Assistance Programme to all staff, in all locations. This service provides support for a range of issues, as well as short term counselling, and is available to both employees and their families. In addition, we have a Wellbeing platform which is all about promoting health, wellbeing and generally taking care of ourselves.
You will be working as part of our Professional Services department, alongside a team of Analysts, Project Managers and Web Developers. The role is client-focused, therefore good communication is essential. This is a unique opportunity for you to work with clients on large scale projects, and to develop your skills with an exciting team.
What you will do:
- Produce high quality CMS-driven sites from detailed functional specifications.
- Work with clients and Project Managers to ensure high-quality website designs and timely project deliverables.
- Developing maintainable and re-usable PHP applications to address client needs, including comprehensive testing of the code produced
- Work with our Implementation Analysts, advising on the estimation, design, development, and implementation of projects
- Owning, maintaining, developing and documenting our PHP modules and serverless applications. Write detailed client facing documentation for your work.
Skills and Experience you will need:
- Strong knowledge of PHP and Object Orientated Programming principles is essential
- Experience of working with colleagues to develop project specifications.
- Self-motivated and organised, you enjoy the challenge of achieving tight deadlines in a project-driven environment.
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent English language skills
Skills and Experience that are an advantage:
- Knowledge of Unit Testing with (e.g. PHP Unit and Jest)
- Good knowledge of Node.JS
- Cloud experience working with AWS
- Experience with GIT workflow.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Terminalfour is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We do not require Recruitment Agency assistance with this role, thank you.